SERVICES / RISK ADVISORY AND ASSET PORTFOLIO SERVICES
Thorndike Landing’s risk advisory service is directed at identifying and quantifying financial risk originating from power and natural gas assets. Our approach is based upon a risk-adjusted framework with a focus toward improving cash flow, earnings quality, or other client-specific metrics. Our risk assessment framework integrates the major assets in a portfolio from different fuel groups (generators), short or long trading positions, retail load, natural gas commodity, storage, and transportation ownership. The resulting portfolio model generates VaR, EaR, hedge leakage, and various other Thorndike and client – defined metrics.
Together with our Power & Commodity Markets offerings, this Services Group also provides independent mark-to-market, mark-to-model, and other related analyses.
- Portfolio Analysis and Design
- Extrinsic Value & Ancillary Services Capture Analysis
- Asset and Portfolio Hedging & Optimization Programs
- Congestion and Basis Risk Management
- Structured Product Development
- Margin Call & Working Capital Analysis
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Integration of Risk Management & Strategic Planning (IRP and IPP Platforms)